7.08.2011

My Kubikel, My Altar

Hello to our one loyal follower! It is with great honor that we have now our first guest contributor..... "V". A warm thanks for indulging The Kyubikel's request. So as the famous Basti says, let's get to the chorus!

"Manna from heaven in Kubikel Hell"

My Kubikel, My Altar

As I sit here wondering what to write for Kyubikel’s first ever guest blog entry, I suddenly shuddered thinking what will happen if someone catches my email. Yes, it’s this kind of paranoia that defines my Kyubikel.

Every Kyubikel has its own set of unbreakable laws and is a copy of the ultimate Kyubikel: hell.

Anyway the paranoia is not entirely baseless. Just today we were called in to be reminded of sacrilegious acts we were committing against the company. Such overt acts like napping 5 minutes past lunchtime, using one’s mobile phone to go online, and my personal favorite – showing up 5 minutes late. Never mind if you worked overtime the night before and reached your home with just enough time to roll over and wish for death. The friendly smiles of the front desk hide a more sinister agenda as they take your name down to be highlighted at a later period. Somehow this tab on your attendance always magically shows up when they tell you how little money you deserve for your bonus. “Better luck next time, buddy!”



No where is safe. Not even the toilet. I can’t take a piss without looking back over my shoulder. I’m also starting to suspect that they’re putting something in our water. Mind control drugs are my best guess.

In the Kyubikel, hell is everyone doing exactly what they’re supposed to do without compromise. One could be forgiven to think that this is supposed to be a good thing. But step back for a moment and really see the situation. A company’s various processes are to ensure that no one gets any real work done. So when everyone does exactly what their position requires them to do, then the pain is worse than taking your balls to the grinder.

Applause goes out for the Kyubikel project. Let’s all be in this pain together. - "V"

No comments:

Post a Comment