7.13.2011

Another One Bites the Dust



It’s been a while and it’s good to be back! Well, today, another one bites the dust! Before that, I’ll just briefly tell you what happened the past two days. Monday I took a leave so no Kyubikel for me but I opened my company email at home and Another one bites the dust! Again, in less than a month, a colleague resigned. That person hasn’t even stayed for more than 2 weeks. It didn’t come as a surprise anymore given that for the past several months, dozens have said their goodbyes already. It has been a perennial question among us noobs whether who will be next. It has been as exciting as playing the lottery everyday when you come to work. It’s like spin the bottle, where it stops nobody knows. I remember several months back, I had dinner with the noobs, and we were joking around as to who will be the ultimate survivor. Now, among the five of us who had dinner that night, only three left. The question is who will be the ultimate survivor.



While Monday was a busy day, yesterday was a very normal day at the Kyubikel. Getting back to now, another one bites the dust! Doing my morning routine at my Kyubikel, suddenly, an email popped up, another goodbye! You know the phrase “The only permanent thing in this world is change”? Since I’ve been in this Kyubikel, nothing has been constant. Every month you meet new people and every month you say goodbye to others. From time to time, your job scope becomes different. Makes you wonder, is there such a thing as settling down. If all things change, then how can you settle down? I’m not talking about getting married but at what point in our lives will we be able to say that “Now, I am settled. I like where I am and I like what I do.” I hope we don’t have to wait until we’re six feet under with our feet flat together. Is it too much to ask for normalcy? WTF! Enough of the drama! I guess I should just be a man and play with the cards that are dealt. Stop folding! Speaking of WTF! I had the worst WTF moment last Monday. I literally passed out after downing some reds. It has been a while since I last passed out. I was supposed to meet someone at 7pm but WTF! I woke up at 8pm. Felt like an idiot! Really terrible! As consolation despite passing out, I wound up having a good 12 hours sleep. Feel young and rejuvenated again with a bit of regret.  Great times!
To my avid reader (yes, that’s you! you know who you are!), as you know, I have been uploading photos of fruits in my entries, but sadly, no fruit today BUT I have ……

 Fruit of the Day........KIWI!

It’s Wacky Wednesday! Try to go out and have some fun! – “X”

No comments:

Post a Comment